Speaking on the above topic is Dr Li Yan, Head, Clinical Development, Emerging Markets Merck & Co., Inc, United States. He will be speaking at Pharma Trials World Asia 2012, part of a series of conferences at the 5th Annual BioPharma Asia Convention 2012.
Dr. Yan is one of the founding members and serves as the Managing Director of the US Chinese Anti-Cancer Association, a not-for-profit organization promoting US-China collaborations in cancer research. He is currently the Head of Clinical Development of Oncology, Infectious Disease, and Respiratory & Immunology, Emerging Markets at Merck (MSD). At Merck, he is responsible for establishing the portfolio of clinical assets spanning both innovative medicines and branded generics in emerging markets. Dr. Yan is a certified Six Sigma Green Belt and an expert in R&D process optimization.
Dr Yan will be presenting on the following:
Oncology Drug Development in Emerging Markets: China and Beyond
1. Enhancing global development strategies with the inclusion of emerging markets for anti-cancer drugs
2. Assessing hurdles and opportunities for early phase oncology clinical trials in emerging markets
3. Harnessing translational medicine capability and capacities in emerging markets and its impact on targeted agent development
He will also be participating in the panel discussion below:
Panel: Determining your business strategy in Asia: Not one size fits all – Customising solutions for different needs
1. Weighing between the pros and cons of in-house clinical development in Asia vs outsourcing for global submissions
2. Assessing financial risks and quality management issues for clinical trial integrity
3. Evaluating the advantages of using a single CRO vs multi-CRO partners to maximise trial effectiveness