Speaking on the above topic is Ms Beatrice Serckx-Poncin, Assoc Dir, Local Mfg & CMO Governance, UCB Pharma, Belgium. She will be presenting at Biologic Manufacturing World Asia 2012, part of a series of conferences in the 5th Annual BioPharma Asia Convention 2012, held on 19-22 March at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
Dr. Serckx-Poucin holds a PhD in Organic Chemistry. After spending a few years in research at University, Dr Serckx-Poucin moved to the Pharmaceutical Industry where she joined GSK-Pharma and then Cardinal Health, a US contract manufacturer. She has wide pharmaceutical manufacturing operation knowledge and have a strong ?Sterile product? expertise which was gained through the construction and qualification of a brand new sterile product manufacturing plant. Today she works for UCB, a Biopharmaceutical company, in the Pharma-Manufacturing department responsible for the CMO network management and risk associated.
Dr Serckx-Poucin will be sharing on the following topics:
Effective external partner integration and alliance management in Asia
1. Strategies to expand your network in the emerging markets like Asia and to successfully integrate contract manufacturing suppliers into your company
2. Utilizing appropriate governance and risk approach methodology to guarantee control, quality and compliance
3. Minimizing internal costs while maintaining good control in contract manufacturing operations
She will also be participating in the below panel discussion:
Panel Session: The rise of Asian CMOs in the global pharmaceutical industry
1. Assessing key factors in working relationships to improve partnerships with Asian CMOs
2. Accelerating Asia's upward movement in the value chain for outsourcing to develop Asia beyond a market for drug sales growth and manufacturing powerhouse
3. Leveraging on the expansion in manufacturing activities of Asian CMOs to enter the global pharma industry