Speaking on the above topic is Dr Vivek J. Kadambi, Senior Director and Head, Drug Safety Evaluation, Millennium: The Takeda Oncology Company, United States. He will be presenting at Pre-clinical World Asia 2012, part of a series of conferences at the 5th Annual BioPharma Asia Convention 2012.
Dr. Vivek (Vic) Kadambi is the head of the Drug Safety & Evaluation Group at Millennium: The Takeda Oncology Company. Dr. Kadambi has a B.S. and a M.S. in Microbiology from the University of Bombay and a Ph.D. in Cardiovascular Pharmacology and Physiology from the University of Cincinnati. Dr. Kadambi was the recipient of the American Heart Association Fellowship, Ohio Affiliate (1997-1998) as well as the Young Investigator Award from the Heart Failure Society of America (1998). In addition, he was awarded the Outstanding Contributor Award from Millennium Pharmaceuticals Inc (2001 and 2004). Dr. Kadambi has served as the Program Chair for pharmacology and toxicology related symposia and was a councilor for the New England Society of Toxicology (2004-2005). Dr. Kadambi represents Millennium on the Preclinical Safety Leadership Group of the International Consortium for Innovation and Quality in Pharmaceutical Development (IQ). Dr. Kadambi has presented several abstracts at both national and international meetings. To date he has published 30 peer reviewed manuscripts and 6 book chapters.
Dr Kadambi will be sharing on the following:
Leveraging on innovative strategies to achieve improved toxicology results and enhance the preclinical development cycle
1. Effective positioning of your toxicology data to accelerate preclinical study approval
2. Exploring new concepts in PK-PD modeling and the toxicology of different classes of drugs – small molecules, antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates
3. Best practice: A single approach to predictive toxicology for global oncology studies
He will also be participating in the below panel discussion:
Panel Discussion: Optimizing your partnership collaboration for outsourcing preclinical studies in Asia
1. Assessing sustainability of current outsourcing models for preclinical studies in Asia
2. Discussing best practices in your preclinical partnerships to enhance existing partnerships
3. Advancing from transaction-oriented relationships to strategic alliances for process improvements and efficiencies