Speaking on the above is Dr Jan Jiricek, Principal Scientist – Chemistry, Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases, Singapore. He will be presenting at Pre-clinical World Asia 2012, part of the 5th Annual BioPharma Asia Convention 2012.
Dr. Jiricek is currently working in the field of Tuberculosis-Drug-Discovery at the Novartis Institute for Tropical Diseases, Singapore. He received his Diploma in Chemistry (1999) at the University of Hannover after completing an undergraduate research year at Scripps in the area of bioorganic chemistry. He graduated at the TU-Berlin in 2003 with summa cum laude in the field of natural product synthesis. After two years of postdoctoral studies at Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation in target based medicinal chemistry, he joined NITD 2005 where his main focus is to find new chemical entities for TB-drug discovery and to develop them towards preclinical and clinical candidates. In his current position Jan delivered 2 preclinical candidates for TB and is the Project Team Leader for two advanced scaffolds in TB drug discovery in close collaboration with preclinical safety.
Dr Jiricek will be speaking on the following points:
Effectively managing preclinical studies input from global sites for your preclinical pipeline
1. Developing preclinical studies in Asia for successful integration into the global drug development landscape
2. Managing the various components of your preclinical studies across different geographical areas in Asia to accelerate candidate selection for first-in-man studies
3. Case study: preclinical development in Asia for infectious diseases at NITD
He will also be participaying in the below panel discussion:
Panel Discussion: Optimizing your partnership collaboration for outsourcing preclinical studies in Asia
1. Assessing sustainability of current outsourcing models for preclinical studies in Asia
2. Discussing best practices in your preclinical partnerships to enhance existing partnerships
3. Advancing from transaction-oriented relationships to strategic alliances for process improvements and efficiencies