The 2nd Annual Biopharma Asia Industry Awards was launched to celebrate Asia's evolving importance as a destination for life science partnerships and business activities. It is at BioPharma Industry Asia Awards that the best individuals and organizations in the industry are recognized for their outstanding achievements and contributions to the biopharmaceutical sector in Asia. The BioPharma Awards aims to acknowledge the dedication and success of industry leaders and companies globally and in Asia. This acknowledgement reaches from exceptional feats on the business side to central developments for the industry and health as a whole.
Recipients of the 2nd Annual Biopharma Asia Industry Awards 2011 include:
- Best Life Science LSP Award – TNT
- Best Contract Research Organization Award – Quintiles
- Best Contract Manufacturing Organization Award – DSM BioSolutions
- Most Innovative Biotech Award – Innogene Kalbiotech
- Socially Reponsible Pharma of the Year – Johnson & Johnson
- Best Manufacturing Solution Provider Award – GE Healthcare
- Woman Executive of the Year Award – Ms Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chief Managing Director, Biocon
- Executive of the Year Award – Dr. Anji Reddy, Chairman, Dr Reddy's
BioPharma Asia Convention is the largest biopharmaceutical event in Asia where 4000+ global and Asian biotech and pharmaceutical stakeholders come together to discuss issues, strategies, innovations and partnerships across the industry. Over 4 days and 9 conferences, partnering, drug discovery, manufacturing, clinical trials and supply chain industry leaders and key decision makers from across the globe come together in Singapore for discussions and networking opportunities to determine the trends and strategies for the year ahead.
Overall, the convention was very well received by delegates, with most commending on the caliber of the speakers, the high level of content presented and discussed and the outstanding networking opportunities offered. Preparations for 2013 have begun, and the event is expected to grow into a larger scale to best serve the needs of the industry and reinforce Asia's positioning as the biopharmaceutical destination of choice in the world.