Dr. Britta Luescher, Compliance Director, Novartis International AG is giving a presentation this morning at Pharma Compliance 2013 on delivering effective training on compliance.
She focuses on the point that clear communication is of utmost importance. Training alone doesn't work. Training needs to be part of a comprehensive compliance system, she argues.
Important points in her presentation:
- Upgrading policies to make them "user friendly" – speaking a non-legalistic language
- Consistency- consider training as promoting a brand
- Have a good product- code of conduct – easy to understand, short, principle based, 17 languages
- Create simple, branded messages
- Engage all levels
- E-training curriculum alignment- careful planning and execution
- Control implementation- measuring the impact- what is meaningful and possible?
She concludes by suggesting moving from unstructured to a structured learning approach, from policies and e-training only to comprehensive and highly branded campaigns engaging all levels of the organisation.
For more, join us today and tomorrow at the Royal Horseguards Hotel in London – contact Rachel Arthurson for last minute bookings on 44 20 7608 7045