In today's austere times, payers are continuing to control escalating healthcare costs, relying on health technology assessment agencies in order to make purchasing decisions and effective use of funds. HTA is an important part of evidence-based health decision-making in most EU countries with ever increasing demands for value demonstration proving your drugs are most beneficial to patients. This has resulted in the need to generate better outcomes data and evidence.
With a growing number of countries using HTA to make decisions, what are the different evidence requirements? In Europe, to enhance cooperation between countries, there are initiatives to facilitate efficient use of HTA resources, knowledge sharing and promote good practice in HTA methods and processes.
In this ebook, we present some thoughts from industry individuals on the current challenges in health technology assessment.
- Alicia Granados MD PhD PH, Head of Global Evidence Definition/ Health Technology Assessment, EVD Global Medical Affairs, Genzyme
- Dr Timm Volmer, Managing Partner, SmartStep Consulting GmbH
- Dr Tobias Gantner, Vice President, Head Market Access Europe, Alimera Sciences
- Vitaly Omelyanovskiy, Director of Centre for Health Technology Assessment, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RPANEPA)
- Dr. Julia Schmitz, Pharmaceuticals Department, Gemeinsamer Bundesausschuss
Want to learn more on HTA? Join us at HTA World Europe 2013 conference, where we will bring together top HTA authorities and industry leaders to discuss the challenges in obtaining market access.