You heard it right, the new biosimilar of adalimumab (brand name: Humira by Abbvie) was launched by Zydus Cadila with the name of Exemptia in India. This is the first biosimilar of adalimumab which is currently priced at one-fifth of Humira’s. (Read full article here)
Biosimilars are significant biopharmaceutical products in many countries in Asia. These biological products are similar, or highly similar in its activity, efficacy and safety as compared to its originator. Depending on the level of similarity, biosimilars may undergo different phases of clinical trials to ensure its safety and efficacy in treating diseases.
Learn more about latest trends and development of biosimilars in Asia by joining us at Biopharma Asia Convention 2015 . This exciting event will be taking placed in Singapore from 23rd to 25th March 2015. In this meaningful meeting, we will be discussing on the latest biosimilars and biobetter development, essential biosimilars regulations and compliance, pharmacovigilence of biosimilars, its production and manufacturing strategies as well as efforts taken for marketing of this new category of products.
We have confirmed near 250 industry experts, including the followings who will be sharing their insights and experience on their work with generics and biosimilars in Asia:
- Sreedhar Sagi, Head, Medical Affairs APAC, Sandoz, Singapore
- May Wei, Global Regulatory Strategist, Bayer Healthcare, China
- Samuel Raj Solomon, Senior Manager & Head, Biosimilars International Regulatory Affairs, Biocon, India
- June Low, Business Unit Head, Oncology & Biosimilars, Sandoz, Malaysia
- Erez Hybloom, Senior Director, Head, Supply Chain, Teva Japan & Korea, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Israel
- Bobby George, Vice President and Head, Regulatory Affairs, Reliance Life Sciences, India
- Chongdeok Park, COO, Head, R&D, JinYang Pharmaceuticals, South Korea
Download our brochure here to find out more!
(image taken from here)