Doctor Ira Jacobs is a fellowship trained surgical oncologist who is currently Pfizer’s oncology biosimilars global medical lead. Prior to Pfizer, Doctor Jacobs worked as a medical director in oncology global development at Amgen. He led clinical development programs in breast, lung, prostate, and bone cancers. Prior to transitioning into industry, Dr. Jacobs was a staff surgical oncologist.
We were excited to have Ira share his expertise on biosimilars on the horizon: opportunities and challenges in the United States at last year’s World Biosimilar Congress USA.
Ira received his BA, MD, and MBA degrees from the George Washington University. He completed a general surgery residency and a surgical oncology fellowship. He is the author of more than 25 publications and has received numerous awards and honors.
You can now download his presentation to find out more about:
- How biologics have made significant contributions to patient care
- The expiration of many biologic patents in the coming years
- The evolution of biologics and the advent of biosimilars from past to present
- Definitions of biosimilars
- Why education of the healthcare community is needed
The World Biosimilar Congress USA is where biopharma developing biosimilars gather to discuss how to access the US market. This year’s event will take place May 19-20 at the Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa.